Asian Noodle and Vegetable Salad
Recipe courtesy of Dairy Goodness. Crisp vegetables and soft noodles in a sweet and tangy peanut dressing give new life to a noodle salad.
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 inch(2.5 cm) peeled and grated fresh gingerroot
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) peanut butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 8oz (250 g) thin rice noodles Boiling water
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil or fresh mint, or both
- Torn salad greens
- Chopped peanuts
How to Cook:
In a blender, purée garlic, ginger, peanut butter, Milk, soy sauce and hot pepper sauce until smooth. With motor running, drizzle vinegar through hole in lid until blended; let stand for 10 min.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cover rice noodles with boiling water; let soak, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 min or until softened or according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain well. Return to bowl.
Pour dressing over noodles and add carrots, red pepper, cucumber and basil; toss gently to coat. Line serving plates with greens and top with noodle salad. Drizzle with dressing left in bowl and garnish with peanuts.